Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Good Minds 2

Fr. Jim writes about a possible reunion with the SSPX. His post is good, but what made me gasp was where he wrote this about the SSPX's very real theme of Jansenism:

"Two thoughts do concern me, though. First, there are elements within the Society of Saint Pius X that are very much on the fringe and hold to ideas and methodologies that seem to have more to do with Jansenism than with Catholicism, a narrow-minded and very un-catholic approach to the world and to the Church at large."

This almost knocked me over because of this post I did back in September. I declare I must have plugged my brain into some sort of database because first there is the thing between mom and me last night where we're thinking the exact same thing and then this simultaneous line of thought.