Saturday, February 25, 2006

Am I too suspecting?

After I went to Confession today, I was just waiting out around afterwards and I went outside the church to be alone in the pleasant fifty-something degree weather. Right across the parking lot there is a playground. I was just sort of drifting in that direction when I realized there were no children there, but there was some guy hanging around. He sported a shaggy ponytail, and wearing a camouflage jacket, jeans, and an orange hat on. I don't know....he just looked...wrong. I mean, I don't want to think the worst of someone, but something about his demeanor just did not inspire confidence, especially when he's wandering around a playground with no son or daughter in sight that he might just be keeping a paternal eye on. Call me a conclusion jumping, cynical, presumptuous, pessimistic bastard, but if there had been any children there, even if it did look like he was their dad, I would have erred on the side of caution and kept a watchful observance.