Friday, March 17, 2006

St. Patrick's

Happy St. Patrick's Day. Celebrating his feast day isn't quite as joyous if you're intent on only looking at what we actually know about him and not simply the myths. So there go the driving the snakes, the confronting the pagan priest, and the shamrock. Ah well.

Anyway, mom is approximately one billion percent Irish, which makes me five-hundred million percent Irish. That probably accounts for my depression. :-/

I once told a friend of mine that I was half Irish, one quarter German, and one quarter Russian (or something like that). He pointed out that in that's the triple crown of alcohol. Haha!

Anyway, enjoy today, the day when anyone even remotely scoffs at the "everyone's a little Irish on St. Patrick's Day" rubbish. I heard that for the first time if third grade and knew something was wrong with it.