Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Bloody Infuriating

I check LifeSite News quite a bit and, t's pretty obvious to tell, I hold it to be very informative. Some things, however, you just don't want to hear.

--------------------------------------------
Lord of the Rings Profits Used to Support Embryonic Stem Cell Research

WELLINGTON, New Zealand, July 17, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Profits from the Lord of the Rings film trilogy are being used to fund destructive human embryonic research at the University of California, reported the Mainichi Daily News.

Filmmakers Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, who brought the J.R.R. Tolkien epic to the screen, together donated US $310,000 last Saturday to fund research using the stem cells of human embryos.

“Stem cell therapy has the potential to treat a multitude of diseases and illnesses which up until now have been labelled ‘incurable,’” the pair said in a statement released by the University of California.

--------------------------------------------

Tolkien must be spitting nails in Heaven.

Not that I ever idolized the LOTR movie crew or anything, or that I am particularly looking for a role model, or like I'd be absent minded enough to look to Hollywood for one, but it did get me thinking...

Is there anyone in Hollywood that one can look up to? Why not Mel Gibson? I don't know if he's SSPX, SSPV, or what, but if he is in communion with the Church he's certainly doing a good job of disguising it by flipping the bill for 'independent' chapels.

Is there anything I should know about Jim Caviezel?