Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Regina

Bishop declares Mary as 'Queen of diocese'

TULSA, Okla. (CNS) – About 3,000 people processed through the streets of downtown Tulsa the night of Aug. 13 following a Mass at Holy Family Cathedral during which Bishop Edward J. Slattery crowned Mary as "Queen of the Diocese of Tulsa."

"With my authority as bishop of Tulsa, I solemnly declare that from this day forward Our Lady of Guadalupe shall be known as our august and most venerable queen,'" Bishop Slattery said in his official proclamation, which he delivered in Spanish. The overwhelming majority of people in attendance were Hispanic.

--------------------------------------------

When I saw this headline, I thought it was going to be Bishop Bruskewitz. Bishop Slattery is doing great things, I hear!