Sunday, September 10, 2006

Name-Five Meme

I saw this meme and started doing it but my lack of answers caused me to cut it off. But And Also with You tagged me so I'll have a go. He has many of the same answers that I did in one category. I'll just leave blank the ones I have no answer to.

If you could meet and have a deep conversation with any five people on earth, living or dead, from any time period, who would they be? (Explaining why is optional.) Name five people from each of the following categories: saints, those in the process of being canonized, heroes from your native country, authors/writers, celebrities.

Saints

St. Thomas More (relate to me the things Henry said to you)
St. Edmond Campion (help me in arguing with the Protestants, please)
Pope St. Gregory the Great (heh heh, hi! did you know the statue atop Castel St. Angelo is dedicated to the time you saw St. Michael standing there?)
Pope St. Leo the Great (what was the presence like when you were chastising Atilla?)
St. Peter (Oh Lord!..just start from the beginning!..tell it all)

Those in the Process of being Canonized

Venerable Pope Pius XII (oh gosh..I don't know what to say)
Blessed Teresa of Calcutta (you were probably the greatest saint of my lifetime)
Venerable John Henry Newman (I suppose I should read your stuff)

Native Heroes






Authors/Writers

J.R.R. Tolkien (I had some questions but I forgot them since it's been too long)
Scott Hahn
Tim Staples (you're my favorite apologist)

Celebrities

His Holiness, the Sovereign and Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Benedict, the Sixteenth of that name (I just felt like putting more bells and whistles on it)
Pope John Paul II, Servant of God
Pope Paul VI (No vendettas, no agendas, just questions and talk)
Morgan Freeman (I've liked everything I've seen him in)
Paul Scofield (the same. from the best movie ever made, A Man for All Seasons, to Henry V, to The Crucible)