Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Back from the Dead

Sorry for that absence to those of you who, for some reason, wanted to read my blog.

I got caught up watching the playoffs. When the Mets won the NLDS two Saturday's ago, it came as something nice just as something really crappy was starting. I had come down with Pneumonia which I had never had before. Well I've given it a try and all I can say is that I don't want to have it again.

Anyway, some comment on the NLCS. First of all, it was a good season but the Mets have lost. After both Pedro Martinez and Orlando Hernandez got hurt we were talking about how we had been winning a lot of the year even in Pedro's absence and won the entire first half without El duque. Well, yeah, because we scored a lot of runs. Now that we're in the playoffs and actually running up against, you know, pitching, our offense has taken a nosedive and that's why were down right now.

Especially in light of that fact, we're not going to come back and win two games against Chris Carpenter and Jeff Suppan. Fine season, but pack it up.

Lastly, I want it to be a long time before I hear the name "Yadier" again.